Site icon World Byte News

Shelter in place lifted after 911 call in Joliet home, police say​on April 3, 2025 at 5:44 am

A shelter in place has been lifted in Joliet after a 911 call to a home, police said.   

ByABC7 Chicago Digital Team

Thursday, April 3, 2025 12:14AM

A shelter in place has been lifted in Joliet after a 911 call on Wednesday, police said.

JOLIET, Ill. (WLS) — A shelter in place has been lifted in Joliet after a 911 call on Wednesday, police said.

ABC7 Chicago is now streaming 24/7. Click here to watch

The investigation began at about 8:43 a.m. when a man called 911 in the 5500-block of Meadowbrook Street, Joliet police said.

The man, 47, said there was a person in the house with a gun, who could possibly be a threat.

Police issued an alert for residents to shelter in place at about 9 a.m. Nearby schools were also notified.

When officers arrived to the scene, they told everyone in the home to exit.

Joliet police said eventually the 911 caller exited the home with his two adult sons.

After searching the home, police recovered a handgun.

By 10:20 a.m. police said the situation had been “safely resolved” and the shelter in place was rescinded.

It is believed no one was in danger and the 911 caller may have experienced a mental health episode.

He was taken to an area hospital for an evaluation.

Edgar Hernandez, 47, of Plainfield was charged with disorderly conduct in the incident.

He was arrested and released, police said.

Report a correction or typo

Copyright © 2025 WLS-TV. All Rights Reserved.

Related Topics

Top Stories

 A shelter in place has been lifted in Joliet after a 911 call to a home, police said.

Exit mobile version