TORONTO — The Ontario government says it will provide about $11 billion in relief and support for businesses stung by U.S. tariffs. Read More
TORONTO — The Ontario government says it will provide about $11 billion in relief and support for businesses stung by U.S. tariffs. Premier Doug Ford says the measures will help workers and businesses deal with U.S. President Donald Trump’s “attacks on Ontario’s economy.” The government says it will defer select provincially administered taxes for six

TORONTO — The Ontario government says it will provide about $11 billion in relief and support for businesses stung by U.S. tariffs.
Advertisement 2
Story continues below
Article content
Article content
Article content
Premier Doug Ford says the measures will help workers and businesses deal with U.S. President Donald Trump’s “attacks on Ontario’s economy.”
The government says it will defer select provincially administered taxes for six months from April 1 to Oct. 1, which will save businesses about $9 billion.
It says it will also provide a $2 billion rebate for employers through the Workplace Safety and Insurance Board to help keep workers on the job.
Ford said last week he was relieved to see Canada is not facing any of Trump’s new “reciprocal” tariffs, which were slapped on many other countries around the world.
But Ford said he is still concerned about the province’s auto sector, which is facing 25 per cent duties on automobile imports into the U.S.
Article content
Discover more from World Byte News
Subscribe to get the latest posts sent to your email.


Join the conversation